[RndTbl] Ryzen with Linux

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 22 18:07:32 CST 2019

No, my bug did not seem to be that problem. It would not freeze but just reboot.
Oddly it got worst as time when on. Initial I could boot into Ubuntu, then only
to grub, then eventually it would reboot as grub was loading.

When the CPU was replaced with another Ryzen CPU everything worked fine. I have
not had a reboot or freeze since then.

By the way I was stymied trying to diagnose the problem so I took it to Memory
Express where I bought the parts. They charge $50 for the first hour and did
figure out that it was the CPU. I was pleased with their work. Never charged
more than that first hour.