[RndTbl] Fedora 32 and Matrox G200e

Alberto Abrao alberto at abrao.net
Mon Dec 14 08:52:10 CST 2020

On 2020-12-13 11:00 p.m., Trevor Cordes wrote:
> Thanks Alberto!  I thought there might be a cmd line workaround.  We'll
> try that out asap.  His monitor is probably only 1024x768 but I'll just
> lookup the code for that.
>
> The kernel messages we got made it sound like something worse was going
> on, but perhaps it was misleading.  If you don't hear back, assume it
> worked!
>
> Again, thanks.  And we'll see if my RHBZ gets anywhere on it eventually,
> as obviously one shouldn't have to hack the cmd line to make it work (as
> it did for 7+ years).

Hello Trevor,

I hope it helps!

I will kindly ask you to let me know if it does not work. The machine is
still here and I am willing to poke around to reproduce any other issues
you may find.

I posted a message there as well to see if it helps them find the
culprit. It should "just work" like you mentioned. Last time I had to
mess with video modes on Linux, I was using XFree86 on a Trident
9000-something.

--

Kind regards,
Alberto Abrao