[RndTbl] win server licence

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon Mar 30 16:57:17 CDT 2020

On 2020-03-30 Alberto Abrao wrote:
> Whatever you do, don't forget that activation and licensing are
> different things. You can have a machine that's activated yet fails
> an audit, and that'll give you - or your client - a nasty headache.

MS will never audit a tiny company who isn't registered with them for
volume licensing.  As long as you make a best effort to be legit (i.e.
buying a legit unused server with legit Server licenses and CALs),
you'll be fine.

> It's common to find some sites selling keys that would activate the
> server and work no problem, yet if the client ever gets audited...
> well...

Yes, the worst thing you can do is pay online for pirated or shady
licenses.  I would only buy physical boxes/license COAs from real
Canadian companies, never digital-only stuff from online-only fly by
nighters.