[RndTbl] email-receive blacklist?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Thu Apr 29 10:26:56 CDT 2021

On 2021-04-29 Gilbert E. Detillieux wrote:
> Not sure who decided MX records were mandatory, and for what reason.
> There was a time that you supplied MX record(s) if...

Well look at that...

I added an MX record for tecnopolis.ca that points to tecnopolis.ca
(uh... umm... ok)

...and...

Subject: TREVOR, you have successfully updated your email address on
your  Hilton Honors account

Bingo!  We have reached peak %*(&!@$ in MTAs.  I can't tell what their
server (in the envelope tracing) uses for an MTA because it doesn't
reply to incoming SMTP, but looking at their main domain MX it appears
they've outsourced to outlook.com.

I'm curious to see if I start getting a deluge of newsletters I've
signed up for that I haven't been getting but don't care enough about
to notice... I guess I'll see if it's just Hilton.

Thanks guys for helping to solve the problem!