[RndTbl] Best free/cheap web hosting sites?

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Feb 2 16:17:02 CST 2021

On 2021-02-02 3:17 p.m., Alberto Abrao wrote:
> I have been postponing my website creation for around 20 years. Last one
> I did was in Geocities, and I am not even kidding. So I am absolutely
> clueless on what would be a good easy solution. The only reason why I
> bothered to reply is that you asked for cheap hosting, so...
>
> For the longest time, I used http://www.nosupportlinuxhosting.com/
>
> Priced like Doug Ford's beer, it works well for low traffic
> applications. For my use (email), well, everyone thought I was sending
> spam. Obviously. Being cPanel-based, it's not really hard to have a
> website there without much hassle, and there are quite a few platforms
> available.

This is one I'll keep in mind for my own future use, but this is more
low-level than what I had in mind in this case...

> I did spin something at one point, and it sat there with the
> default page until I moved it all out.
>
> I assume this platform is like Wix, instead of something like WordPress,
> correct?

Yeah, more Wix-like.  And maybe Wix is the best solution in this case...
  I just wanted to know if folks had experience with any of these, and
any recommendations for/against.

Thanks,
Gilbert

--