[RndTbl] Issues encountered with the Shaw BlueCurve modem and app

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Tue Nov 22 16:07:43 CST 2022

On Tue 22 Nov 2022 at 15:13:19 -06:00, David Milton <david at dmilton.ca> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> I had similar problems with the Blue Curve modem in bridge mode with a firewall however there are additional issues.
>
> I would be open to virtually any alternative modem but it seems this is the only one Shaw will hand out. .....the Blue Curve cable modem is junk.
>
>> On Nov 21, 2022, at 22:31, Brian Lowe <brian2 at groupbcl.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Following is an information dump detailing all the issues I've encountered with the Shaw BlueCurve gateway and app since I got it installed back in September.

I'll contribute here by re-posting what I previously wrote on the subject "On forcing people to get Google accounts", where I did point out, with details, that Shaw still distributes the superb Hitron CGNM-2250 cable modem.  I use that, alongside the Motorola/Arris/whatever DCX-3510-M box (also still distributed by Shaw) for Shaw TV.  That way, neither my Shaw Internet nor my Shaw TV is afflicted with this space-age BlueCurve junk.  And note below just how flexible the Hitron CGNM-2250 is.  It also doesn't have the NAT table bugs that prevent the cheap Cisco DPC-3825 from usability with VoIP.