[RndTbl] Remi repo bug?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Nov 29 20:20:29 CST 2022

On 2022-11-29 Gilbert Detillieux wrote:
> I’m surprised that you haven’t seen that before, since it’s a fairly
> common occurrence on RHEL7 systems. I’m also surprised a net search
> also came up empty...  Maybe EL7 is just getting too old to be
> relevant.
>
> Anyway this is the command you need:
>
> yum clean all
>
> Might be good to do before the update runs in cron, if this comes up
> again.

Ya, but if you run that every hour then yum will need to d/l the full
100MB+ of metadata files every hour?  I guess it's RS's problem, not
mine, but still...

On 2022-11-29 Adam Thompson wrote:
> That's a problem with a Remi mirror site.  What hostname are you
> pointed at? -Adam

mirrorlist=http://cdn.remirepo.net/enterprise/7/safe/mirror

Looks like it'll do the auto-mirror-selection thing.

I was thinking maybe instead of a yum clean I could do a touch on the
file it's complaining about to make it "older", then yum will just
redownload *just* Remi.