[RndTbl] weird samba ACLs from MS Office

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri Jan 6 20:56:58 CST 2023

I don't remember the exact method, but you want to remove ACL support completely - whether from the FS, Samba, or the share.  Office will always do this - but it should be a "so what" moment.

IMHO you're focused on a band-aid for the symptom, not the problem.  The problem is why does this seemingly-innocuous ACL cause problems?  Possibly also why does Samba not translate that back into ordinary UNIX permissions, which in this case looks like fully reversible transform.

-Adam