[RndTbl] Need to borrow a SCSI Controller

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Jan 13 00:50:59 CST 2023

On 2023-01-12 Brian Lowe wrote:

> It's stupid things like this that makes browsing the modern web a
> nightmare. I HATE having to turn off NoScript and swap out my
> ad-blocking HOSTS file just because idiot webmasters are too damned
> lazy to host their own content, or are trying to  m o n e t i z e
> the whole bloody web so they can make a freaking buck instead of
> supplying information. And the bigger the company, the bigger the
> crapfest that are their web sites.

Two words: lazy programmers.  Or maybe it's: cheap employers.

So many just latch onto framework-de-jour which won't even show a
single thing on the page unless you have js on.

I too use noscript on everything, though lately it's more of a
blacklist than a white-list, as I have all the hardcore tracker sites
(and the borg) untrusted, but often do the "set all on page to temp
trusted" dance of 1-3 iterations until something becomes useful (which
WON'T override the untrusted, thankfully).