[RndTbl] SteamVR on linux??

Bitters bittercake2329 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 02:01:08 CDT 2023

Sorry for resurrecting this thread from the dead but from what I can recall
of my VR experience. OpenVR/SteamVR
<https://github.com/ValveSoftware/openvr> has gotten a lot better but some
games like VRChat <https://hello.vrchat.com/blog/vrchat-security-update>
are still extremely jank. I know NO-VR HL:A
<https://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-alyx-novr/news/half-life-alyx-is-on-sale-new-update-new-trailers>
is possible on the steam deck. It should be possible according to ProtonDB
<https://www.protondb.com/app/546560>, you might need to put in some tweaks
like....

-novid -safe_mode

or

-novid -safe_mode +hlvr_continuous_normal_speed 180
+hlvr_continuous_combat_speed 180

Used Vive's are good but if you are able to splurge get used index
controllers if you can too. They are genuinely a game changer compared to
the awful OG Vive controllers.
If you have anymore questions or want me to test HL:A VR on linux just
shoot me an email.