[RndTbl] Raspberry Pi OS 12 bookworm and Wayland - no screen saver?

Gilbert Detillieux Gilbert.Detillieux at umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 6 11:47:05 CST 2023

I use my Pi 400 just as a test platform before deploying any new OS
version to other Pi's I use for other purposes.  I have a Pi 4 that I
use for digital signage (just running chromium in kiosk mode), and am
anticipating upgrading it to the latest OS, but wanted to make sure
there's be no glitches with using Wayland. (Although I usually disable
screen blanking for that, I do blank the screen there too... outside of
office hours.  So my previous post is relevant to this application.)

I also have a bunch of original Pi Model B's, that I use for
temp/humidity monitoring.  I don't need anything fancy from the OS (and
certainly no GUI), but I do want to use a supported OS, so I try to use
the oldstable release on those as much as possible.

Gilbert

Gilbert Detillieux          E-mail: Gilbert.Detillieux at umanitoba.ca
Computer Science            Web:    http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/
University of Manitoba      Phone:  204-474-8161
Winnipeg MB CANADA  R3T 2N2
For best CS dept. service, contact <cs-support at lists.umanitoba.ca>.