[RndTbl] Wifi recommendations

Dan Keizer dan at keizer.ca
Tue Feb 27 10:39:26 CST 2024

If you're up for a rebuild so to speak, you can look at the ubiquiti
line-up.
You can run their controller hardware (UDM/UDMpro) or host it yourself on
your own pc/linux/pi device.
(Personally, it's an appliance, I ran it on a pi for a while, then bought
the UDM, then bought the UDM pro - it just works). They keep on bringing
out new features for hardware/software, so it's dead simple.    Their
storefront for those:
https://ca.store.ui.com/ca/en?category=all-unifi-cloud-gateways
You can add access points as you see fit to fill in any weak/dead spots.

I have a UDMpro at home with separate switches for POE injection to the
access points in the house - yes, the more the merrier :-)
What I really like is just the networking console with visibility on all my
AP's and clients/etc.

Dan.