[RndTbl] Wifi recommendations

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Tue Feb 27 10:52:37 CST 2024

Mesh != Extender.
More precisely, mesh deployments *can* use all-wireless extenders, but are more commonly deployed with a mixture of wired-where-possible and wireless-where-not.

Some mesh products exist that don't allow extra wired nodes - avoid these.

Otherwise, the "mesh"-ness means 100% seamless handover between the APs as you walk around the house with your phone.

-Adam