[RndTbl] Problems with setting up off-site backup via Shaw (residential)

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 17:29:13 CST 2024

As we all know, the world is running out of IPV4 addresses, Without
my knowledge, My Provider went ahead and injected our entire area (country
fiber service) via RF-Now Inc.
out of Virden, Mb. Anyhow they placed the entire area under a router so the
entire area only presents as one IP, this caused the EXACT same problem
with my offsite camera backups. I had to ask for a "direct connection"
heres the funny thing, from before, through the change, and back to the
direct connection, only the last Octet changed in my IP address... it sure
sounds like one or both of you might need to get your provider to revert
you.

Greg