[*] Issues with Primus voip line

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 29 18:05:57 CST 2006

Martin Glazer wrote:

> - on an incoming call DTMF tones on the Primus line are doubled (ie, press 1
> and I see in the Asterisk logs that 1 and then 1 was pressed). Not all digits
> are doubled. This obviously causes problems with the IVR and attempting to
> get to particular extensions.

This seems to be a common problem. Usually it is related to interpreting DTMF
inband as well as out-of-band (RFC2833 or INFO). It is usually not a problem on
an analog line but I wonder if there is a misconfiguration of the Primus box.

> I have tried adding relaxdtmf=yes in my zapata.conf file, but this makes no
> difference.

relaxdtmf=no is more appropriate. This parameter is to solve the problem of DTMF
not being detected which is not your problem. If =yes you may pick up spurious DTMF.

-- Bill