[RndTbl] February PLUG meeting

Mark Jenkins mark at parit.ca
Wed Feb 13 11:40:04 CST 2008

As mentioned last night, the Prairie Linux User Group's (http://plug.ca)
February meeting will feature the OLPC XO (little green laptop) and the
Asus EEE-PC (little black laptop).

Our meetings are fairly informal, and the attendance pretty small, so
there will be ample opportunity to just play. MUUG members interested in
planning a MUUG presentation on this topic may find this PLUG meeting a
good opportunity to explore what aspects local geeks are interested in.

I'm going to attempt ahead of the meeting to build the OPLC software in
/opt/olpc, and run it on my regular clunky laptop. This will allow us to
make use of a projector. If I manage to build all of the obscure
dependencies into there as well - I can copy /opt/olpc over to other
people with x86 laptops running GNU/Linux.
(I should also just see if someone has made a live CD and save myself
the hassle!)

The meeting will be in room 3M58 at the University of Winnipeg, at
7:30pm, on February 21, 2008.

Mark