[RndTbl] Gmail spam filtering super-aggressive lately

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon Mar 30 23:17:54 CDT 2020

Oh, I see why the mailing lists sometimes default to replying to the
list and sometimes to the sender... if I'm in the To:/Cc: explicitly
then when I hit reply it goes just to the sender.  If I'm not, it goes
to the list.  Ah: because the ones explicitly to me are not even going
through mailman (even though mailman is on the Cc:).  I think there's a
setting in each subscriber's mailman to also (or not) send a copy when
you're already on the Cc:.

A bit frustrating as there's no good solution.  If I tell mailman to
send me a copy too, then I'll always get 2 copies.  And I can't tell
the origin mail server not to send me that other copy... Unless someone
can think of something I haven't, looks like using reply-to-all or
reply-to-sender explicitly each time, and never using just "reply", is
the only way to ensure the MUA is doing what I want.

Or... I guess if everyone refrains from ever letting any individual
person's email address get into the To:'s and Cc:'s that mailman
sees... good luck with that!